Minimum Stay Requirements:
All weekends that include either a Friday or Saturday night must be at least a two-night stay. During the Fall foliage season and during Christmas week all stays must be at least two nights.
Check-in and Checkout:
Check-in time is 3:00pm. If you will be arriving after 9:00pm please call so we can explain our late check-in process! Check-out time on the day of your departure is 11:00pm.
Upon making a reservation, a 50% deposit including tax will be charged to your credit card to hold and guarantee your reservation. Extras (chocolates, sleigh rides, massages, etc.,) are charged at the time they are ordered. A single night’s stay is charged 100% when the reservation is made.
Should you have to change or cancel your reservation for any reason, we require at least 15 days' advance notice (30 days' notice for high season). With the required amount of notice, we will refund your deposit, less a 5% processing fee. For reservations cancelled within 15 days (or 30 days for high season) of your reserved arrival date, you will be charged for the full amount of the reserved stay, unless we are able to re-book your room. If we are able to re-book your room, we will refund the re-booked portion, less the 5% processing fee.
Because of our small size, cancellations affect us significantly, and we do not over-book, as large hotels do. We must enforce our cancellation policy. The only exceptions are if the airports you are traveling through are closed or if state police along your driving route are recommending that people stay off the roads due to very bad weather. Otherwise, we expect you to honor your reservation. If you are worried about having to cancel for any reason, we recommend you purchase travel insurance through a third party for your own financial protection.
Cancellations for Extras:
Please check with us for the latest information on specific events.
THIS IS A NON-SMOKING INN. Smoking is ONLY permitted in two designated outdoor areas, regardless of the weather. Those choosing to disregard our policy will be asked to leave without refund, and a $50 cleaning fee will be charged to the credit or charge card on file, as well as an extra night's charges, if necessary, in order to air the room to make it acceptable for incoming guests.
Payment in full is expected at check-in. Accepted methods of payment are: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, cash, money orders, and travelers' cheques. Please, we can not accept personal or business checks.
- We are a couples only inn; children, while precious, are not appropriate at Stone Hill
- Pets also are not appropriate at our inn. We can check with a local kennel if warranted.
- Gratuities for our housekeeping staff are left to your discretion. Envelopes are in the green binder in your guest room.
- Common areas and the Notch guest room are wheelchair accessible.
- Stone Hill Inn gift certificates are available. Currently, we accept a limited number of third party gift certificates: Select Registry and Bed&Breakfast.com. Please check with us at the time of making your reservation to be sure your certificates will be honored.