The Stone Hill Inn complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). While the act does not require the inn to provide accessible rooms in all situations due to its size and age, the owners will work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities.
Among the ways the Stone Hill Inn complies with the ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described accessible features and inaccessible features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs. The Notch guestroom is handicapped-equipped.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We will reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the reserved rooms are blocked and removed from our reservation system.
- We guarantee that a specific accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make accessible rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the accessible features of the hotel and the accessible rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals will be provided access to all areas of the Stone Hill Inn afforded to those without service animals.
Details about the Notch ADA guestroom and Common Areas
The Notch is an ADA-compliant room. The Notch guest room, doors, and attached bathroom are wheel chair accessible. The spacious bathroom includes a sink that accommodates a wheelchair and the roll-in shower is equipped with hand rails. Compared to other rooms, this guestroom bed is lower and the room is located closest to the exit. The Stone Hill Inn is all on one floor, and the dining, game room and great room are all wheelchair accessible. The back patios and gardens are accessed by a single-step down and may not be accessible for a wheelchair from the Notch, great room, or game room. However, if a guest wants to enjoy the back patio and gardens, we will make every effort to assist by helping them around the building from the front door of the Inn.