CHECK-IN @ 4PM AND CHECK-OUT @ 11 AM
Check-in time is 4:00pm during Leaf Season. If you will be arriving after 9:00pm, please call so we can explain our late check-in process. Check-out time on the day of your departure is 11:00am.
Early check-ins are often not available. Between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm, we are busy preparing guests rooms, running errands/grocery shopping, holding elopements, and taking care of personal appointments. If your travel arrangements bring you to Stowe before 4:00 pm, we suggest hanging out at the Alchemist Brewery or PK Coffee Shop, or walking around the beautiful village of Stowe.
In an effort to best accommodate your travel needs, we occasionally are able to provide early check-ins starting at 1:00 pm. ***There is a $50 fee for this service.*** We ask that you call to check on availability 24 hours in advance. (802) 253-6282
MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS
All weekends that include either a Friday or Saturday night must be at least a two-night stay at our lodging in Stowe, Vermont. During the Fall foliage season and during Christmas week all stays must be at least two nights.
Upon making a reservation, a 50% deposit including tax will be charged to your credit card to hold and guarantee your reservation. Extras (chocolates, sleigh rides, massages, etc.,) are charged at the time they are ordered. A single night’s stay is charged 100% when the reservation is made.
Should you have to change or cancel your reservation for any reason, we require at least 15 days in advance notice (30 days advance notice for high season). With the required amount of notice, we will refund your deposit, less a $50 credit card processing fee.
For reservations cancelled within 15 days (or 30 days for high season) of your reserved arrival date, you will be charged for the full amount of the reserved stay, unless we are able to re-book your room. If we are able to re-book your room, we will refund the re-booked portion, less the $50 credit card processing fee.
Because of our small size, cancellations affect us significantly, and we do not over-book, as large hotels do. We must enforce our cancellation policy. The only exceptions are if the airports you are traveling through are closed or if state police along your driving route are recommending that people stay off the roads due to very bad weather. Otherwise, we expect you to honor your reservation.
If you are worried about having to cancel for any reason, we recommend you purchase travel insurance through a third party for your own financial protection.
CANCELLATIONS FOR EXTRAS
Cancellations made within 30 days of the event will incur a $100 charge. Inn takeovers (such as for weddings) will incur a $500 cancellation fee.
THIS IS A NON-SMOKING INN. Smoking is ONLY permitted in two designated outdoor areas, regardless of the weather. Those choosing to disregard our policy will be asked to leave without refund, and a $50 cleaning fee will be charged to the credit or charge card on file, as well as an extra night's charges, if necessary, in order to air the room to make it acceptable for incoming guests.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY
There will be a $500 fee assessed for room damage.
Payment in full is expected at check-in. Accepted methods of payment are: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, cash, money orders, and travelers' cheques. Please, we can not accept personal or business checks.
- We are a couples-only inn; children, while precious, are not appropriate at Stone Hill.
- Pets also are not appropriate at our inn. We can check with a local kennel if warranted.
- Gratuities for our housekeeping staff are left to your discretion. Envelopes are in the green binder in your guest room.
- Stone Hill Inn gift certificates are available. Currently, we accept only Bed&Breakfast.com third party gift certificates. Please check with us at the time of making your reservation to be sure your certificates will be honored.
Every detail perfectly aligned for an unforgettable stay:
- Three-course breakfasts, individually prepared; recipes provided on request
- Complimentary beverages (coffee, soda and bottled water) and popcorn in the pantry
- Wine, champagne, beer and mimosas available for purchase
- Exquisitely appointed guest rooms
- Off-street parking free of charge
- Gilchrist & Soames bathroom amenities
- Luxurious linens
- Periodic weekend evening social hours hosted by Todd and Kristie
- In-room massage treatments in front of your fireplace
- Complimentary WiFi throughout
- Complimentary turn-down service -- Fresh towels and chocolates -- on request
- DVD movie library (275+ movies)
- The Great Room: relax, unwind, comfy chairs, fireplace, billiards, chess, puzzles, or watch it snow
- The lilting sound of a quickly moving stream though lovely perennial gardens
- Dryers for ski boots and gloves
- Secure outside lockers for skis, snowboards, golf bags, or fishing gear
- Complimentary use of toboggan and snowshoes on our 9.5 acres
- Extra pillows in the pillow closet for extra comfort
- Complimentary self-serve guest laundry