- Hot air balloon ride with champagne at Above Reality Ballooning. Jeff is a wonderful and very responsible Captain. He’s also a
Justice of the Peace and does weddings in the balloon! Balloons go during winter and summer.
- Make a wish while standing next to Bingham Falls. Winter transforms the series of five different falls into ice sculptures created by thick layers of ice that disguise the rocks that shape the falls. Everything becomes white. Thick Ice shapes form; mist is always rising. Lovely, albeit slippery. Watch where you walk! Bring your camera.
- Dog sledding at Edens. You get to know each dog, actually harness them, and with tails wagging and excited barks you’ll sense how anxious they are to get started! Two of you with blankets in a warm sled with your guide/musher to ferry you through the spectacular snow country of northern Vermont!
- Take a sleigh ride over the hills and through the woods. Just a few minutes from Stone Hill is a comfortable horse-drawn sleigh with
thick blankets and an experienced driver. While only a 30 minute voyage, you will feel transported to a different time and certainly to a significantly different place in comparison with the eastern cities from which you likely hail. Giddeup!
- Share Linda’s Crème Brule’ French toast made especially for you in the shape of a heart. Crème Brule’ French toast is the most requested of the sweet breakfast items that we serve. Using a porcelain, heart-shaped dish, we create this delight the night before; let cool in the refrigerator; heat it when you arrive for breakfast, and serve with warmed Vermont Maple syrup!
So far this year we’ve celebrated 16 honeymoons at the Stone Hill Inn. Josh and Ashley from Boothbay, ME (pictured left) were one of most recent couples. Their Vermont honeymoon included massages, canoeing, hot air ballooning, and ziplining from the Plan Your Stay section of our website, and several hikes in the Mansfield forests. They also worked our Stowe Dining section pretty hard as well!
“Honeymoon”– where does the expression come from? It appears that nobody is absolutely sure, however the Merriam-Webster dictionary reports the etymology is from “the idea that the first month of marriage is the sweetest” (1546). Of course it is a very special when your focus is simply having fun together, and your days are filled with tenderness and pleasure for each other. A celebration of life.
The Winter Honeymoon Package includes a three-night stay in a Luxury guest room, (king bed, sitting area, and fireplace. A large bath with double Jacuzzi tub, rubber duck, fireplace, and shower). It also includes these opportunities to celebrate life together!
- A tandem relaxation massage in the comfort of your own guest room in front of the fireplace.
- Dog sledding at Eden’s (given snow is available) – get introduced to and help hitch up the dogs. Spend 45 minutes in a cozy two-person sled while you marvel at beautiful snow-covered VT.
- Dinner at Michael’s on the Hill ( a $120 certificate – gratuities not included)
- A horse-drawn, romantic sleigh ride — just the two of you.
- Make chocolate together at Laughing Moon Chocolates. With your fingers filled with warm chocolate, you will laugh and become intoxicated with the chocolate aromas as you prepare and dip your own chocolate. Each of you will make about a pound of chocolate.
- Share a specially made Crème Brule’ French toast in the shape of a heart for your first morning breakfast
- Rose petal turn-down the first night you arrive.
- Two engraved Stone Hill Inn wine glasses
Total price before taxes for the Winter Honeymoon Package is $2,145.00. Package prices change during peak seasons (2/13-2/21; 9/19-10/18; 12/18-1/2). Corner rooms (Fiddlehead and West Branch) are available at a premium of $50 over the three days.